What are home care services?
Want to remain independent and living in your own home? Then home care services are for you.
At some point, most of us will find that we need extra help and support with things. One solution you may like to consider is home care services.
Home care services are where someone comes in to your home to help you. This help can be informal (from family, friends or neighbours, without payment) or formal (services that you or your local authority pay for from organisations like Entire Care).
What can home care services help with?
Home care workers can help you with a wide range of tasks, including:
- personal care, such as washing or dressing
- nursing and health care
- house work, such as cleaning
- cooking or preparing meals
How much help can I get?
The care and support you receive will depend on your needs and, if you're paying for private services, the funds you have available. Some of the options include:
- Long-term, 24-hour care
- Day care
- Short breaks for an unpaid family carer
- Sessions ranging in time (up to 24 hours) and frequency (daily, weekly, fortnightly, etc).