Choosing a home care provider
It's important that you're involved in every decision that relates to you and your care.
We understand that choosing the right organisation to provide your home care services can be a very personal choice. It's important that you have the right information to help you make it.
If you're paying privately for home care services, there are some questions that you should ask the agency before you agree to work with them. You may also like to add some questions of your own:
- What training and supervision do they give to their staff?
- Do they check references?
- Do their workers have all the necessary DBS certificates?
- What will they do if your worker is ill or away?
- Who is responsible for insurance?
- Is there any out-of-hours or emergency support if you need it?
- What is their complaints policy?
If your home care services are provided through your local authority (council), they should do all the necessary checks for you, but you should still feel free to ask any questions that you may have.